15 Cost Effective Ways to Drive More Customers Through the Door
Posted on Aug. 20th, 2012 in Marketing
Are you making as many sales as you’d like to right now?
It’s no secret that’d we’d all like to make more profit. But to make more, we have to spend more, right? Well, not so much. We work with lots of small business, helping them to make the most of what they have.
If you’re looking to boost your sales, look no further. We’ve compiled a list of 15 cost effective ways to drive more customers through the door:
The Internet is home to hundreds of easy ways to boost your company profile. Ecommerce or bricks-and-mortar retailer? It doesn’t matter. Here are some great ways to send your sales soaring thanks to the World Wide Web:
1. A well designed website can increase your sales. Make sure it’s user-friendly, regularly maintained, and up-to-date.
2. Implementing an SEO (search engine optimization) campaign will drive traffic to your website as you will appear higher in Google. This helps your customers find you over any of your competitors.
3. PPC (Pay-per-Click) marketing places targeted ads on the first page of Google and other search engines. These ads appear in prominent positions and are a great way to promote specific products.
4. Running a new promotion? Make the most of your existing customer base with email marketing. This is an easy and affordable way to encourage repeat performances.
5. Social media sites like Twitter and Facebook are easy (and mostly free!) ways to send customers to your door. You can check out some of our top tips for making the most of social media marketing here.
Not got a website? You can still increase your customer base by promoting your business offline. Here are five of the most affordable ways to do so:
6. Leaflets and flyers are a great way to get your company name ‘out there’. You can mail these to households or distribute them to other locations. Include your company branding to make sure they’re identifiable to you.
7. Sending postcards to customers is another effective way to drive customers through the door. Alert them to new products or a special offer with an eye-catching and personal approach.
8. To appeal to customers in your area, you need to be advertising in local publications. This will include parish magazines and similar through-the-door booklets.
9. Press releases are a traditional way of alerting people to your latest offers. Send them to online directories as well as local press to gain maximum exposure and more customers.
10. Getting promotional merchandise made that bares your company logo is an effective and affordable method of promotion. Go for pens, notepads, and mugs as these are everyday objects you can use regularly.
Some of the most effective – and budget friendly – ways of increasing your sales can be found in some of these ‘out of the ordinary’ methods:
11. Business networking events are one of the best ways to build relationships with your peers, as well as make sales. You may find a whole new customer base in other industry professionals.
12. Your company car or van is one of the biggest promotional tools you can utilise. Vehicle graphics make your car stand out, and help you reach out to customers in your local area.
13. You can attend customer-facing or industry-only exhibitions but both are great ways to boost your sales. You can launch a new product or just offer a specific promotion for visitors to your stand.
14. Did you know that courses are a great way to get people to buy from you? A baker could run a cupcake making workshop and then sell people everything they need for a discounted price. What could be simpler?
15. While placing an ad in a shop window doesn’t hold as much weight as it used to, you can still target customers in your local area. Just make sure they’re eye-catching and engaging.
Isn’t it time you tried out some of these methods? Here at Superdreamwe can help you implement these, and so many more, different campaigns. To find out what we can do, click here to get in touch with a member of the team.